Swe Eng



Visa requirements are different for various countries. Please check via internet or at the
closest Indonesian consulate/embassy for the visa requirements for your country of

Usually participants should obtain a Sosial Budaya Visa prior their arrival into
Indonesia. To apply for this Visa you’ll need a sponsor letter that our Foundation or
Staff can provide. To organize this you will need to scan us a photocopy of your
passport. The social visa is valid for 60 days and can be extended but due to the fact
that the maximum length of our program is no longer than 60 days we are not able to
sponsor you for an extension – if you want to continue traveling after/before your
participation you’ll need to leave Indonesia and re-enter.

If you are eligible for a Visa free entry you will get a 30 days free visit without the
possibility of an extension, alternatively you can apply for a Visa on arrival at the airport
which is valid for 30 days and extendable for another 30 days while in Indonesia.


There are two options for your visa depending on the length of your stay:

Business Visa $25, valid one month, renewable for up to one year, available at point of entry. Visa extension: $45 for a month, $75 for three months.

Tourist visa : $20, valid one month, renewable only once for one month, available at point of entry. Visa extension $45. If you overstay just a few days, better pay a fine ($5/day)

NGO visa, applied by the school on behalf of volunteers who stay minimum 3 months. Valid 3 months and renewable for six months. $20 to pay to the school at arrival and at renewal.

If you will be volunteering for 3 months please send a scanned copy of your passport to apply@travel-to-teach.org three weeks before you are planning to arrive in Phnom Penh to ensure the visa is arranged on time. On arrival at Phnom Penh Airport report to the immigration counter and show the copy of the visa that the school will have sent you. Do not apply for any other visa!

Please Note: Volunteers at our Siem Reap and Phnom Penh projects are required to provide evidence of a police check-up prior to starting their placement.


You MUST obtain a 90 Day (3 Month) Class L Tourist Visa in order to enter the country.

Costa Rica

Citizens of the US, Canada, most Eu nations, Japan and Israel receive a 90 day visa on arrival in Costa Rica. Citizens of Australia, New Zealand and Ireland also do not require a visa in advance but only receive 30 days upon arrival.

If you are staying for more than 3 months you will need to leave the country for at least 72 hours to receive another 90 days visa. Most volunteers use this as an opportunity to visit neighbouring Nicaragua or Panama.

El Salvador

Immigration requires that visitors entering El Salvador have a visa or tourist card. You can obtain a visa from your local consulate or on arrival. The tourist card is generally issued for 90 days and can be purchased for US$10 at your port of entry. Check with your local consulate to see if you need to arrange a visa in advance. Visas for US citizens are free. Citizens of some countries may have to pay a fee for their visas. More information is available at http://www.rree.gob.sv/sitio/sitiowebrree.nsf/pages/svisas_requisitospais origin


Most European, North American, Australian and New Zealand visitors entering Guatemala will receive a 90-day visa. This can be extended in-country, however the process is difficult and time consuming. For visitors who wish to stay longer than 90 days, it is recommended that they make a 2-3 day trip to Mexico, Honduras, Belize, or El Salvador—all of which are easily accessible from La Antigua. As in most countries, in order to visit Guatemala, travellers must show their passports upon entry. The passport must be valid for 6 months following any entry date into Guatemala.


If you are travelling for more than 3 months (90 days), you will need to do a visa extension Process, your in-country coordinator will help you with this process.


You will need to get an Indian visa before entering the country. We recommend that you apply for a Tourist Visa which is valid for 3 or 6 months and costs up to €50. It is easier to do this before leaving your home country. You should hold a valid passport for the entire duration of your travel. The purpose of your visit is as a tourist. If you mention that you wish to work or volunteer you will complicate your application. There are two ways to apply for your visa:

Visit your local Indian Consulate
You must bring your passport, two passport photos and the €50 fee (cash or postal order only). You can fill out the visa form at the consulate or download and fill it out in advance from your local Indian consulate's website. Applications are normally submitted in the morning and collected in the afternoon (check the times at your local consulate). Sometimes visa's are processed the same day but it may take 2-3 working days.

Post your application
Download and fill out the visa form and post along with your passport, two passport photos and the €50 fee (usually cash and postal order only although some embassies now allow you to pay your fees online). Please note you will also have an additional postage fee - check the website of your local consulate or embassy.


30 Day Visa On Arrival ($30 -$40)
You can get a 30 day visa on arrival in Laos. The fee for this will vary accoriding to your nationality but typically you can expect to pay between US$30 and US$40. Should you wish to extend your visa you can do so at the Luang Prabang Immigration Office. Your coordinator will help you with this process. Visa extension fees cost $2 per day and must be paid by the volunteer.


We need the following documents to secure visas on behalf of the volunteer as well as secure a placement at the teaching institution:

  • Passport Copy
  • Flight ticket Copy
  • Education Certificate and/or Reference Letter from employer or Travel to Teach*
  • Police Check (CRB)

*Required by Maldivian Law.


Mexico welcomes tourists and travelers from every country. For citizens from American, Canada, most European countries and Asia a visa is not required for up to 180 days and if in possession of a Tourist Card/FMT form, which is issued free of charge on flights into Mexico. (Australia, Iceland, Israel, Korea (Rep), Monaco, South Africa Austria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Slovak Republic and Slovenia who can stay for up to 90 days without a visa, and Venezuela for stays of up to 30 days). If staying for a longer period of time, a visa can be easily acquired from your local Mexican Embassy.


Visas are not required for stays under 90 days for most countries. There are, however, a couple exceptions and your country government website is your best place to access complete information.

Sri Lanka


With effect from 1st January 2012, all Holiday or Business travelers to Sri Lanka must have Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) for entering in to Sri Lanka. Please visit http://www.eta.gov.lk for more information.

The facility for applying Business Purpose Visa is at present available only at the Head Office of the Department of Immigration & Emigration, the Sri Lankan Overseas Missions and on-arrival at Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) and Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport (MRIA).

When applying ETA by third parties payments are to be made through the arrangement made in our website www.eta.gov.lk and obtain acknowledgement of ETA application. Any payments made to other websites or agencies are not valid to process a valid ETA. Therefore, always ensure that the payments made by accessing to Sri Lanka ETA website and avoid making repayment at the port of entry to Sri Lanka.

What is a Sri Lankan Visa?

A Sri Lankan visa is an endorsement on a passport or a similar document to facilitate the legal entry of non Sri Lankans into the country and to regulate the period of their stay and the conditions governing such stay.

A Visit Visa is an entry permit signifying the consent of the Sri Lankan Government for the admission of a foreign national to the country. The Visa contains details of the period of time and the condition/s of the stay.

A Tourist Visa is issued to bona-fide tourists who want to enter Sri Lanka for sightseeing, excursions, relaxation, visit relatives or yoga training for a short period of time.


There are two different opions for your visa depending on the length of your stay.

One month tourist visa (free)
This is valid for 30 days and is granted free on arrival in Thailand by air. If you arrive at a land border you will currently only be given a 15 day visa. Please note you can only have three free one month visa stamps in any six month period.

Two/Three month visa.

If you are working for a longer period than one month you need a volunteer visa. This can be obtained at immigration in Chiang Mai. We will asssist you with that. You need to have a non immigrant O or B visa to start with. We will send you a paper that you need to bring to the Thai embassy in your home country and they will give you the appropriate visa.


You must arrange a visa for Vietnam in advance from your local consulate or embassy. A one month single entry tourist visa costs from $43-48 (depending on processing time). Some embassy's will process the visa the same day. Visa's can be extended for another month in some towns. Please note that your visa is valid from the date printed and not from the date you enter the country.

 Photo Leonie, UK
This was my first time in Mexico, my first time away on my own and my first time teaching and I couldn’t have asked for a better experience than I had in Xalapa....
Läs Leonie's Volontärberättelse
 Photo Leonie, Netherlands
Teaching in a town like Mae Hong Son is very special. You teach mostly Shan children who are originally Burmese but their ancestors crossed the border years ago...
Läs Leonie's Volontärberättelse
 Photo Wei-Yong, Netherlands
After getting settled in Shanghai and in the T2T-flat I was very eager to start my volunteering. Actually being in the place where I’ve been looking forward to for weeks, made me even more excited and thrilled than I already was! I would work at The Disabled Children Center for children with Cerebral Palsy..
Läs Wei-Yong's Volontärberättelse
Är du en volontär?
Är du en person som är lämpad som volontär?
Vem bör bli volontär
 Photo Chiang Mai English Camp Video
 Photo T2T på Facebook
Läs mer om våra volontärer på Facebook